Saturday, December 5, 2009

SEC Championship

John 16:33 (New International Version) 33"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." This was the verse that Tim Tebow had on his black eye marks this weekend during the SEC Championship game. It has kinda been a game of mine for the past 12 weeks to see what verses that he has written under his eyes. I feel as though that this one was very appropriate for the time. There have been so many degrading things said about him, but because of his faith in God he is standing firm in his beliefs and not letting the "world" get to him. Why can there not be more role models for children out there in the world that stand firm in their faith?

2 comments:

Paige said...

I agree, not many football games do you run get your Bible to look up a verse...

Hayley said...

Amen, sister!! He has such a great testimony, and is such an amazing role model!