Wednesday, December 30, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESUS!!

Happy Birthday to Jesus, Happy Birthday to you!!!!
This year's Happy Birthday Jesus party was very special to me. Tillie actually knew what was somewhat going on. We attempted this last year, but it wasn't as successful as it was this year. Granted she was only 5 months old too. Buddy and I started this because we want Tillie to remember the real reason we celebrate this wonderful season, which is the birth of our Savior. Yes, Santa is also celebrated as well, but this birthday party always comes first.
For Tillie's 1st birthday we got her a kitchen. With that kitchen set, we bought her an apron. That apron got put to use during the making of the cupcakes.
Aren't we so cute in our aprons. We are getting ready to make the cupcakes. We had just explained, as well as we could, why we were doing this to Tillie Ann.
We are mixing the batter and about to put them into the cupcake liners. (If you look hard enough you can see the Betty Crocker box). Sorry Hayley P. I am not the baker that you are. Oh how I strive to be! We have all of this recorded, but I thought I would save you the time of not watching it.
After we iced the cupcakes, we sang and Tillie Ann dived into her cupcake.
"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11
Thank you Father for giving us a reason to have a Birthday Party for your Son tonight... Amen.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Love this!! You look so cute in your apron too, Anna!! :) This is a tradition I want to start too. Mrs. Renea did it for GB at school this year, but I really loved it. It really put me in the right frame of mind Christmas spirit! Glad you all had a wonderful Christmas minus the stomach bug. See you soon!