Thursday, January 7, 2010

Light Pink... What color is yours?

(post taken from http://www.cancerspot.org – thank you!) Wondering what the meaning of those “Black,” “Blue” and “Pink” Facebook status updates are? I wondered all morning, figured I’d sort it out sooner or later, and then I broke down and did some Google work. Found out the hues represent bra colors. So, like every good Facebooker, I played along by peeking in my shirt and updating my status: Beige. What I turned up on the Internet is that the purpose of this color thing is to simply raise awareness of breast cancer. Not sure how it all got started, but here’s what you should do if you’re a girl (or boy who wears a bra): Look at your bra, note the color and then check those boobies out. Just re-updated my status after my “beige” remark and wrote this: So, while you’re peeking inside your shirt to see what color bra you are wearing so you can post it in your status update, go ahead and feel around in there, make sure there are no lumps. And if there are, call your doc for a clinical exam! Are you game? Hope so. Oh yeah and mine at this moment is light pink!

No comments: