Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thank you On-Star and Donna!

Wow, can I say that I am so thankful for aunts and On-Star. On this beautiful Thursday, Tillie Ann and I went to Wal-Mart for some last minute items before her big 1st vacation weekend. We are having fun playing with the receipt and I go to quick start the car to cool it off before I put Tillie in there. Great invention or so I thought. I put her in and drop the keys in the cup holder and put the diaper bag with my cell phone in the car. Little did I know if you crank the car with the remote that the door will automatically lock. Well I am not thinking about what I should have been and I shut the door. As soon as I did I knew the doors were locked and my stomach dropped to the hot asphalt. So, I tried not to panic and checked all the doors to make sure that by chance, one would be unlocked. NOPE. So I thought Lord send someone to help me quick. Don't go and call DHR on me or anything. The car was running and the A/C was going fast and Tillie was laughing watching a movie oblivious to what was going on outside. Well, I looked up and noticed that my Aunt Donna's car was across the parking lot so, I run back in the store and have her paged. I tell her what was going on and she comes with me outside to the car. I get her cell phone and start dialing to find out On-Stars number. Well nobody is answering. A sweet man is watching and walks over and says I used to work at the local Chevy dealership here is the number. I call them to get the number to On-Star. I call the wonderful people there and within a minute my doors were unlocked and Tillie and I were reunited once again. I told the hubby that is one bill that will be renewed on this car, not XM.
Moral of the story: #1 (according to the hubby) keep the cell phone in your pocket.
#2 don't quick start the car just hurry up and get the items in the car and then crank it normally.
THANK YOU SO MUCH DONNA!!!!!!!

No comments: