Saturday, June 5, 2010

Local Missions

"Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."
~Philippians 2:4
Yesterday, Buddy and I joined several others form our church and went out to do local missions in our community. All I can say is WOW! Our job was to put on a new roof on a rather small house. Ok, I don't know if you know this or not, but I have never roofed a house before. Have you tried to roof a house with 6 other women and 4 other men, some youth, and one fearless leader? Well try it some time. When we arrived it was overcast (thanks, Lord), and we were ready to go. On our way over to the house I ask Buddy, "have you done this before?" hoping he would say yep, I have and its not that hard. But, he was in the same boat I was. The blind leading the blind. Ok back to the story. We get on the roof and start going at it. All you could see were shingles flying and scrapers scraping.
I am standing there like wow this looks rather easy so, I go at it. 11 hours later we decide to stop with almost all the roof with shingles on it and all the roof felted and one happy family with no leaks.
Felt going done.
Gotta always have a first aide kit on hand.
Our fearless leader.
Praising Jesus for the breeze and the little area of shade.

No comments: