Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A New Found Love

In school I never liked to read books. I don't know if it was the Accelerated Reader program that I had to do that required me to read so many books from a certain list or what it was, but I really didn't enjoy reading.
But, now I love to read. I get lost in the lives of the characters, like I am a fly on the wall in these people's lives. My favorite author is Karen Kingsbury. She writes Christian Fiction novels. The first book I ever read of hers was A Moment of Weakness. My friend, Kristi, got me hooked on her probably 10 years ago. I have read every book she has written since then. I have also got my mom hooked as well. While I was pregnant with Tillie I was reading, Forever,

and my doctor instructed me to stop reading until I delivered her. In the book that I was reading, one of the main characters baby has anencephaly and dies at birth. Well, Tillie's sonogram picture showed some of her brain tissue and I just knew that Tillie had the same thing as the baby did in the book. So, we (yes, Buddy thought I had lost my mind) took the book and the pictures, that the Dr. had already looked at several times, back and ask if Tillie was OK. And she was of course, but I really get into the books.
I said all of that to say this..... I have a new favorite book and author. The book is
Redeeming Love, by: Francine Rivers. I have read this book before, but I guess the time in my life I really didn't get into it, but I have just finished it and WOW, it is wonderful. I recommend it if you haven't read it before.
I really thought that I couldn't read anything that didn't have Karen's picture on the back of it, but now I know that there are some really good Christian fiction writers out there as well. So now I am off to start a new book... I will let you know how it turns out.

3 comments:

Krowe said...

I was so glad to see you with a post. I needed a Fix! I need to reread Redeeming Love and The Shack...both bring love and forgiveness to the table to smack me!!

Paige said...

Redeeming Love was the first book I read as an adult and actually got me to reading again. I have read 2 of Karen Kingsbury books and cried through the whole last half so I've not read anymore... I'm to soft hearted! I'm a wimp!

Ashley said...

LOVE,Karen!!! LOVE, Redeeming Love. You need to read Atonement Child. Fantastic!! Reedeming Love was the first book I read as an adult like your friend, Paige. I need to read it again. IT was incredible!!! I can't wait to hear about Shades of Blue. Don't forget I have Take one and Take two from Karen Kingsbury. Laura has Take One. Happy Reading!